What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to buy addons, discuss your problems and get support.

SignUp Now!

Question Settings Matomo - GDPR / DSGVO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuller

GDPR Video Embed
Matomo Analytics
Hey Tealk, I'd like to know what settings we've to make in Matomo to be compliant with the GDPR. I'm really interested in your opinion on this.

For example, how long it's allowed to save the log files, anonymize 1 or 2 bytes, this kind of settings.

Tealk

Staff member
Website
anzahcraft.de
As far as i know 1 bytes. And I can't say with certainty that opt-in is imperative.

I've still activated the "Do not Track".
All information without guarantee of correctness

Kuller

GDPR Video Embed
Matomo Analytics
I've still activated the "Do not Track".
Does that mean, that you're tracking nothing for the moment and just wait what will happen in the future?

Any idea about the log files? I saw quite a few sites that saved them just for 7 days.. when I save the log files just for a few days, I can't really exile trolls from the board, or?

Kuller

GDPR Video Embed
Matomo Analytics
I mean the "do not track" setting of matomo or the add-on
I understand, what is the actually function of it then?

What does matomo have to do with trolls?
Guess nothing, but the lenght of how long I save log files, or not? Just had this question in my mind. After deleting the log files, I've no IP-adressses anymore..

Sorry, it's all new for me and not that easy to understand. 🧐

Tealk

Staff member
Website
anzahcraft.de
I understand, what is the actually function of it then?
Have a look here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-turn-do-not-track-feature

After deleting the log files, I've no IP-adressses anymore..
That's what it's all about, not storing IP addresses for long. This is against the idea of data protection

Sorry, it's all new for me and not that easy to understand. 🧐
This is not easy for anyone not even for people who have been involved with it for years.

Draupnir

One of the many
Hello Kuller,

We hope your ticket regarding Matomo Analytics integration has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.
AnzahTools

Draupnir

One of the many
Hello Kuller,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding Matomo Analytics integration has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.
AnzahTools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matomo Analytics integration

Seller
Draupnir
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings