What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to buy addons, discuss your problems and get support.

SignUp Now!

Idea Verify Email Before Registration

Nirjonadda

Status Indicator
Hello,

Need add-on Verify Mail before registration for XF2. Also force users to verify email address if they change their email in profile. Sent to his email that has to be entered before registration. It works to prevent the registration with anonymous mails. Send code to email before go to register form step , and this new user can't Registration without this code (in Email).

Verify Email Before Registering Process
  • Send confirmation email with a secure hash to ensure the user has validated their email.
  • Follows Xenforo settings such as email banning, and disabled multiple emails.

You will see 1st when click registration,

phpkd_vbsas_forum_registe_email_confirmation.png

Already you have Verification code:

phpkd_vbsas_forum_registe_verification_code.png

When user Email Verified then Automatically fill up Email and Verification fields and Uneditable. Also option member can put Verification Code manually. Verification Code Box under Email Address fields.

phpkd_vbsas_forum_register.png

Last edited:

WorldGate

Good add-on since there are some users register multiple accounts in case they didn't receive confirmation email. This add-on will prevent such behaviour.

Tealk

Staff member
Hello @Nirjonadda,
it would be nice if you didn't just throw in a text block like that.
A structured text in which we can recognize your individual suggestions would be desirable as well as a friendly hello or similar.

So could you edit and restructure your post?

For blocking trashmails I can recommend one of our works. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/banned-emails-trashmails-spammails.6103/

Good add-on since there are some users register multiple accounts in case they didn't receive confirmation email.
I don't know how other users do it but I get the following message when I try to use the same E-Mail twice:
Email addresses must be unique. The specified email address is already in use.

WorldGate

Well, I mean if there is a server issue or the confirmation email didn't reach user inbox for any reason, the user won’t go ahead with the registration until verify email address first.

WorldGate

Okay, simply the user will get a page to insert his email address then will receive a code or confirmation link which will redirect him to registration page to enter username, password, etc.
So, this add-on will verify email address first before inserting user data in database.

Nirjonadda

Status Indicator
@Tealk I am give some more info about Verify Email Before Registering
  • Send confirmation email with a secure hash to ensure the user has validated their email.
  • Follows Xenforo settings such as email banning, and disabled multiple emails.

You will see 1st when click registration,

phpkd_vbsas_forum_registe_email_confirmation.png

Already you have Verification code:

phpkd_vbsas_forum_registe_verification_code.png

When user Email Verified then Automatically fill up Email fields and Uneditable. Also option member can put Verification Code manually. Verification Code Box under Email Address fields.

phpkd_vbsas_forum_register.png